Storm Highway by Dan Robinson
Weather, photography and the open roadClick for an important message

May 19: Forecast update

Still holding to the Sunday night/Monday morning departure, due to the distinct possibility of Tuesday being an storm observation day somewhere between northern Kansas and North Dakota, with other storm prospects likely following later in the week. So, we won't make any changes to our departure date probability table today. The question now remains of how good of an storm observation day Tuesday will be, and how many opportunities we'll have after that. The latest model runs have toned down the severe weather 'ingredients' forecast to move over the northern Plains next week. If this is true, the difficulty of a successful storm intercept will be greater, but not enough for us to postpone our trip at this point. Not surprisingly, the longer-range model forecasts for the period through Memorial Day weekend and beyond remain highly inconsistent.

Based on the current outlook, this probability table charts the chance of our trip starting on a particular date:

2006 Weather Expedition - Departure Date Probability as of May 19
May 19-200%
May 21-2795%
May 28-June 44%
No trip1%

30 Years of Storm Observing
Important Message
Dan's YouTube Video Channel
Dan's Twitter feed
Dan's RSS/XML feed

This web site is made possible by support from CIS Internet.
CIS Results-Oriented Internet Marketing

GO: Home | Storm Expeditions | Photography | Extreme Weather Library | Stock Footage | Blog

Featured Weather Library Article:

Lightning & towers, skyscrapers
See how lightning really does strike the same place twice!
More Library Articles

All content © Dan Robinson. All usage requires a paid license - please contact Dan for inquiries.

Web Site Design and Internet Marketing by CIS Internet