Home | Blog Index | Blog Archives | Christianity & Faith Essays
Music from the Road 1: Eli's "Hypocrite Song"
Christian music has been a big part of my life. I've had it in my mind to do some type of blog series on it for a few years, so now is as good a time as any! The vast majority of my music listening happens on the road: through the many miles I travel around the country and during my many late-night drives on the back roads around where I've lived.
I credit my introduction to this genre to MBN Saturday Night, a Moody Broadcasting Network program that used to air in the late 1990s up until around 2002 or so on WJYP, Charleston, West Virginia's Christian FM radio station. Late-night drives around the back roads of Kanawha and Putnam County with MBN Saturday Night are some of my greatest memories from that time period, and I've had most of those tracks in my CD and later MP3 libraries ever since.
So, I thought I'd start a blog series highlighting some favorites from the road that are still in heavy rotation in my playlists.
Eli: Hypocrite Song
I first heard of Eli during my late-night drives in 1999. Hypocrite Song is from his 1999 Second Hand Clothing album, one of the first in my CD library.
Music from the Road
1. Intro; Eli
2. Steven Curtis Chapman, Rich Mullins & Geoff Moore
3. Rick Elias, Layton Howerton & Michael W. Smith
4. Watermark, Geoff Moore & Sara Groves
5. Steven Curtis Chapman
6. Crystal Lewis, Bryan Duncan, Chris Rice & Geoff Moore
7. Rich Mullins, Jars of Clay, Burlap to Cashmere & Caedmon's Call
8. MBN Saturday Night homage I
10. Rich Mullins (Great Plains)
11. New Year's 2023 (MBN Saturday Night homage II)
GO: Home | Storm Expeditions | Photography | Extreme Weather Library | Stock Footage | Blog
Featured Weather Library Article: